Sunday, April 08, 2007

Bad Cow continued...


I felt like this video needed some explanation, especially for those who do not live on a ranch. :) I grew up in the city and would have thought that this was very mean, but after my explanation hopefully you will see why it is necessary.
Picture this: This big cow waits around until another cow has her baby. Then after the baby gets up, and tries to eat its first meal...this BAD cow bumps the little calf off of its first meal and starts taking milk from the mother who just gave birth to a new calf!
So Chris ropes all of the "suckers" (as they are referred to)...and gives them a nose ring. Now when the bad cow tries to take milk from another new mother the "pokies" all around the nose ring will poke the new mother so she will not let the bad cow suck anymore! Ha
PS The loud breathing in the video is NOT me! It is the cow. George was confused, so I thought I would clarify. Also if this is weird to you, I understand. But just think how much weird stuff I had to get used to moving to a ranch from the city! ALOT ha ha ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How funny. I've been around cows for a while and never have seen them put a ring in their nose like that. Good idea tho! I think you're great Kate! :)