Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's that time of year again...

Can you tell Chris wants me to stop taking pictures and get into the tractor so he can start baling again? I think I am going to take my mom's advice and slap him upside the head everytime he makes a weird face and ruins the picture! Don't you think this would have been a great picture if Chris would have been smiling too????









Can you see the hawk sitting on the bale? He waits there until a mouse comes running out of the hay, and then he swoops down and catches it.



We have at least 20 baby antelope on our road. Fischer always says that the "baby antelope are running to their mommies" when we pass by.



I had to add this picture because it seems like Hazen has grown up all of the sudden. Yesterday I put all of his 6-9 month clothes away, and now he is in 12-18 month clothes. He is pulling up on everything, and into everything. He can crawl up the stairs like a pro, but coming down is another story. He is also obsessed with our fire place.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate I laughed at your solution of slapping Chris upside the head! Yes, it would have been a fabulous picture if Chris would have cooperated...I agreee with you!! :)
Fun pictures - I can't believe how fast Hazen is growing up!

Jen said...

Well, I guess your only option now is to cut a decent face of Chris out of another picture and paste it onto the pictures where he ISN'T cooperating! :)

And Hazen is just growing so fast because he's feeling the need to keep up with Fischer now! ha! You'll be a busy momma! :)

Jeanette said...

Love the pictures! It is soooooo green there!
The kids are cute as ever!

Anonymous said...

Kate, the picture of the two younger boys really is so cute, but I agree the oldest boy definitely does need some encouragement of some sort as to how to cooperate with the photographer. I'm sure she has tried all the gentle means of encouragement!! Linda

Anonymous said...

You jes take that hat off his head...and SLAP THOSE SIDE BURNS CLEAN OFF!!! Hahahahaah...actually ...I think I saw him smiling like a Chesire cat in the pic where he was walking toward Fischer in the hay field. That hay sure looks healthy this year!!Hazen looks so big...Give all a big hug and kiss from Gma Terry, xoxoxoxoxoxo Love you