Thursday, October 30, 2008

G'pa and G'ma's sunflowers, garden carrots, fresh squash, and golden corn

We enjoyed a quick trip to see G'pa and G'ma yesterday. Fischer loved seeing the combine! He is really interested in them, and it was neat for him to see one in action.
G'pa gave me some golden corn for decoration. Chris told him I would spend $10 at target to buy corn as a decoration, so I might as well take some of his fresh from the field. :)
PS I am still using/borrowing Susie's camera. I will get a camera soon hopefully!!!






G'pa was harvesting sunflowers when we were there so the guys learned all about that from G'pa. It was really interesting, and we were even able to eat some of the sunflowers.
























The combine (Fischer's favorite)...












I thought the dried up sunflowers were lovely!










G'ma found a worm while we were washing the garden carrots off...











Yummy FRESH garden carrots...





G'ma's squash...





















G'ma had chairs just the right size for Hazy and Fischer. Don't you just love his pants? They were pushed up on accident, but sure look cute. :)




2 comments:

Shelly said...

Holy cow! Hazen is walking already? Guess they don't stay little forever. Too bad! Must be time for another!

Anonymous said...

I work at a confection sunflower plant in NW Kansas and fall harvest is my BUSY time of the year. I am so ready to be busy!

When I was growing up I also had a farmset that looks exactly like Fischer's.