Monday, January 05, 2009

Lots of WONDERFUL company!

We have had lots of company since Christmas! And I thought this winter season would be long and boring!!!! Damon, Tessa, Deuce and Dante came to stay with us over the Christmas holiday. We made lots of good food, played lots, and Damon and Chris worked down in our basement!

James and Ashley stopped by for a couple of nights on their way to Montana after Christmas. And stayed last night on their way back from Montana.

Then my brother Mike called and said that he was coming with his girlfriend Malerie and my sister Meagan to see all of us. They are here until Tuesday afternoon. It is so nice to have my family here....they all live far away, and I hardly ever see them. :)
I am flying home in about a week to stay for about two weeks too. I am getting spoiled with family time this winter.
My pictures are slightly out of order...





Fischer showing Malerie and Meagan our ten puppies. They are so cute.



Yummy snow!



I think Hazy looks like a little knome is his snow clothes!








Malerie and Hazen walking to see the puppies.




Fischer's boots on the wrong feet, but so cute.




Daddy let Fischer wear his scarf to Owen and Kristi's for a New Year's celebration. He felt pretty big.




Hazen and Daddy went to check his traps the other day. Hazen is getting big enough to go with Daddy these days.





A scrapbooking story...
The other day I was changing the boys, and I laid a clean diaper out to put on Fischer. Hazen came over and stuck a red fruit loop that he found on the floor from breakfast inside the diaper, and said "Night Night!" I thought it was way cute, and a memory that I don't want to forget. :)











The boys decided to sit inside Uncle James's guitar case as he was playing.



Tessa reading to the boys.



Deuce, Dante, Fischer and Hazen loved to sit up in the loft and stick their feet over the edge!



A cute snowman made out of jello that Tessa brought for Christmas lunch.






Malerie took this picture of the boys roping with Mike's new digital camera.




Hazen's rooster tail....I finally gave him another haircut on Saturday.




What a look! Daddy calls Hazen Sir Hazenpatheticus sometimes. He can really give a person a frown or a pathetic look when he needs to!!!!




Hazen helping Daddy carry firewood.



Meagan and Fischer running home after seeing the puppies. The boys love to play with Aunt Meagan.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I'm so glad you got to have some of your family there and am thrilled to hear you are about to get a trip home for a few weeks! Have a wonderful time! This post makes me really wish we were closer. We were around you and Chris when you had dreams of having a family. Now that you do, we miss getting to be there and see you with your little family! I can tell you are both great parents. Maybe one of these times we'll get to come stay a night with you when we make a trip up!
Love, Michelle, Morgan, Shane, Ivey, and Sadie

Lisa said...

Kate, Love the pictures! I am so glad that you had so much family aroung the holidays. That is the best! The boys are getting so big! I believe it may be time to start thinking about a little sister.... Take care! ~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time with your family, Kate. I'm sure you will have a great time. Linda

Anonymous said...

Gosh those pups are adorable...but not as cute as Fischer and Hazen!Love all those pictures, Kate.One week from tonight and we will all be together in Texas! I sure hope all the rain down here just rains itself out, so we can have beautiful warm weather for you!I can't wait to "stroll" the boys and read stories and I think they will like "little Joe" our miniature dachsund...he lives to snuggle...xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxolove mom

Dorlene said...

Wow! Great photos. And Nip had TEN puppies! I hope we get to see them at least once before they're grown and gone!

Enjoy time with your family and we'll see you sometime after you return and we're back in the field.