Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lots to Report!

A lot has happened since I last blogged. My aunt did receive a liver on Saturday June 13, 2009. She is now stable, and just trying to regain her strength. She was in the ICU for 7 days, and is just really really weak. I talked to her on the phone yesterday. The only thing she could say is "Hi, I love you." I could hardly understand her, and I could feel that it took everything thing she had to say those words.
Mike and James played great in the tournament. Chris and I watched their game at the guest house here at the ranch.
Mike hit a 2-run homerun, and James hit a couple RBI's and played great defense. It was pretty fun to watch. They are going home today to Mississippi.
Also my dear, dear friend Jen had a baby girl on June 15, 2009. Her name is Addilyn Emma. They had to take her to Denver because she was born a month early, and her little lungs were not developed all the way. She will be fine, but I know it is stressful for Jen.
It seems life moves very slowly, and then everything happens at once. We are headed to convention for a few days! I will post more when we are home again!








6 comments:

Carin said...

A lot to report indeed! I'm glad you got to talk with your aunt, I'll keep her in my prayers. It must have been so awesome to watch your brothers play. I would imagine you are one very proud sister! Great layouts. Have a wonderful convention. We are leaving tomorrow =)

Sara M. said...

Oh my goodness- I didn't even recognize myself!! We do look so young! I loved your wedding! It was so special! Thanks for the pictures Kate!

grmasusie said...

I love the carving on the aspen tree...that should stand a long time!

Wrena said...

:) Happy is me to catch up with thee :)

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I love the pictures of your wedding and the picture of Darbs hands and the words "hope" and "pray" are the best medicine for me right now...better than anything...except LOVE...my love to you and everyone up there. So nice to visit w/Susie on the phone, Love MOM xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

senovia said...

Just stopped by from Jessica Sprague's site to say hi! You make beautiful layouts! Glad your aunt is ok, too. :)