Sunday, December 17, 2006

Going Home for Christmas!


My family at our wedding in August 2004!

We are heading to my folks on Thursday of this coming week! I am so excited to see them. I haven't been back home since May 2006 and Chris hasn't been there for two years. My whole family will be there so it is shaping up to be a wonderful visit. My brother James has never seen Fischer...so every time I talk to him he mentions how excited he is to finally meet Fischer!

My Grandpa Terry passed away on December 3, 2006 so it will be nice to visit with my Dad. I was so sad not to be at his funeral, but it was a ways away. I am disappointed that G'pa was never able to meet Chris or Fischer. Grandpa Terry had the same name as Fischer's middle name. I remember how touched he was that they were the same...Lee! He always mentioned that to me when we talked on the phone.

I will post lots of pictures of our trip!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am happy for you. Have a great time! : )

Lisa said...

Enjoy your trip. Family time is special!

Kate said...

Hey Thanks girls! I am really looking forward to it. I think I have most everything packed! Now I just hope the weather holds out. Have you girls gotten any snow? It is sure a cold night tonight. It is nice to be by a warm fire.

Shelly said...

I have never seen pictures of your wedding! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Fun to see your wedding pics again..what a beautiful bride!! We'll think of you on your trip - I'm sure you'll have a great time with your family, so we'll want to see lots of pictures when you return!

Anonymous said...

I am too excited to sleep! How Grand to have the whole family together again.Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

nice wedding picture. chris sure has lost a lot of hair since y'all were married.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE send us all a picture of a palm tree and some green grass! I just waded through 24" of snow in my "way less than that high" snowboots!!

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip. You will be so excited to see your family...hope you can get to the airport...and then out of it! My folks are here now too and we sure are enjoying them...even in a blizzard! Anyways, glad Fischer is doing well. Enjoy the warm weather!

Love,
Lisa M

Kate said...

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful comments! We sure are enjoying ourselves. I think we are heading home on Wednesday morning...the time always flies when you are having a good time.