Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Roxaboxen, Branding and Everyday Life

Sorry about the flash in this picture. I'm still trying to figure out my camera.
This is such a great book that my mom used to read to me. I highly recommend it if you are trying to find a good book for your kiddos. I have already bought one for all of the cousins...so Lisa, Amy and Renee don't worry about trying to find it.




I really like how this wall turned out downstairs. I love texture and color! Can't you tell???

I also noticed that I need to nudge my picture up a little bit. ;)


Here is our Roxaboxen downstairs. I just bought these letters at Hobby Lobby, and painted them the same burnt orange color as the basement. I plan to trim it with fake rock on the inside at some point.



I haven't taken very many branding pictures just because of my busy boys. But here is one that I found of Chris. Fischer always says that he likes seeing Daddy "smoke the calves."



Here is Hazy J throwing dog food all over my deck with his black boots and favorite t-shirt.




Dad came home yesterday morning after unloading yearlings. The boys were excited to see him. He is covering his head with his neck scarf...they thought this was hilarious.




And here he is folks...the yearling man himself. ha ha ha This is a typical Chris face!





My tulips are starting to bloom (the ones that were not run over or ripped out of the ground by a 20 month old.)






Yeah you know when you wonder what you accomplished in a day? Well, I actually did put these all away and planted the flowers in baskets.










We went hiking on Mother's day, and I couldn't resist taking a picture of the Indian Paintbrush.




The guys have been building lots of fence lately. I thought this was a neat picture. The clouds make it extra special.





3 comments:

Carin said...

I hate to admit it but I haven't heard of Roxaboxen. I had to google it. Sounds like a really great book for the kiddos. Branding time already, how fun!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed my "stop" tonight. I am going to look for the Roxaboxen book for my grands. I certainly can identify with your grocery picture. Sometimes it seems there is no end to the amount of groceries that get carried in the house and put away. Linda

Anonymous said...

How I miss that BEEEEEEYUTEEEFUL SKY!!!
Love the PIC of Chris at the doorway