Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fishing at the Beaverpond!

The hike into the Beaver pond was not at ALL easy.
I was wearing a jean skirt, and by the time we finally sludged (that is my own made up word of the experience) through muck and stinging nettle with a jean skirt that weighed probably 4 pounds at the bottom because of all of the water it had soaked up...did I mention I lost my croc 3 or 4 times in the muck and had to go digging for it? I won't mention how many times I fell trying to balance and carry my 2 year old on my hip with a skirt that weighed 4 pounds while also digging for my croc in muck. :)
Did I paint a pretty good picture as to why at the beginning of the fishing trip I was slightly "waspy." That is how Chris described my attitude. But after Chris caught at least 15 huge brookies, and Fish was able to reel one in my attitude changed. :) It was exhilarating and REALLY hard to get back there, but it was worth the memories that were made!!! Chris thanked me for making the effort, and then told me that when I am "old and unable to make it back there" I will be happy that I made the effort! I think he is absolutely right.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember leading all of you single file through a succession of 3 or 4 beaver ponds...i can't remember where this was...somewhere around Laramie...the sludge came up to around chest level on Michael and James...we all held hands and it was an exhilerating adventure for us all!!! (But I'm pretty sure i wore pants and old sneakers tied really tight) Hahahahahaha...it makes a difference to have good equipment!!!Love you so much, Gma Terry xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

The J's said...

lol! Good sport! and next time wear your "muck boots" and something different than your long jean skirt? :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for "painting" us a good picture of your trip to the beaver pond. The fishing sounds quite fun! Linda

Anonymous said...

The angle these photos were taken at is perfect. Beautiful place!