Friday, August 07, 2009

Our 5th Anniversary, and a very special birthday day!

We are celebrating our 5th anniversary today. I can't believe that Chris and I have been married for 5 years. George and Susie are going to keep the kids. We are heading to Steamboat for the night. It should be fun. I am going to enjoy not sharing my food or picking food up off the floor and driving in complete silence. :)
But I am going to miss my kiddos...I am a bit nervous about leaving them. I know they will have a great time with G'pa and G'ma. Their house is like a second home. I just know Chris and I will say several times how much we miss them. And we will miss them, but it is good for both of us to take time together! Wish us luck...

"Moon, you have followed me all the way home. What a good, round friend you are!" said Owl.
This is a quote from Owl at Home by Arnold Lobel. I love this book, and we read it right before bed last night. It was perfect because right after we read this book, Dad looked out of the window and saw this!!! I had to take a picture.
We finished my birthday day with Fischer singing All Things Living. It was a lovely way to end a very memorable and special birthday day.



We had an amazing thunder/lightening rain storm last night. It was incredible, and hard to put into words. It was cracking and booming louder than I have ever heard it before. Then a double rainbow appeared. It was beautiful to see this rainbow shining down, and all around it bolts of lightening would appear.


We had homemade turkey soup yesterday for lunch and dinner. It was perfect for our stormy, stormy day.



All afternoon I wore my new slippers and PJ's. :) It was really cozy while it poured outside. :)


7 comments:

Jen said...

Kate, your new slippers look COMFY!!!! :o) I have to admit to you, though, that when I read your sentence and then got to the actual picture, I laughed out loud!I just thought it was SO cute that you took a picture of you *wearing* pj's and your new slippers. YOU are too cute, Kate! I'm glad that we're friends! :)

PS - I like the new banner at the top of your page!! Are you going to start being like Pioneer Woman and change your banner every month? You take such great pictures and I always love the banner picture you have. Great job!

Jen said...

Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! Have fun in Steamboat!

grmasusie said...

I am glad you are going away for your anniversary...we love having the boys stay at our house!!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Anniversary! The boys will have so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa they won't even know you are gone :) Hope you had a good time.

grmasusie said...

Actually, we went to a picnic on the other side of the mtn. Lorraine L. and her companion were there. Also the Erickson siblings, there is a service for their parents tomorrow...so it was nice to be with some we hadn't seen for a long time. The boys had a good time, they were perfect angels, and Hazen fell asleep on the way home.

Anonymous said...

I stay in my pj's on stormy days, too. In fact it's almost 10 AM on Saturday morning, the sun is shining and I'm still in my pj's. :)

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your time away.

Anonymous said...

Gosh...I would love to be snuggling on the couch with the boys, having hot cocoa and popcorn...I love these pictures Kate, your deck looks so lovely and i love looking back 5 years ago when you were married. xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxxo Love, MOM xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxox