Sunday, August 23, 2009

There were lots of little duckies everywhere...

I had to add this picture because it just reminds me of Hazy J's personality. He is fun loving, tenderhearted and ALL BOY. I cannot believe that he is already 2! Just last night I banged into the night stand next to his bed, and he leaned over and said "Bonk, Sorry." And then he kissed me. :) We all love him dearly, and couldn't imagine our little family without him.

There is a fun story about our duck cake. I did not intend to have so many ducks on the cake, but the kids at the birthday party, Fish, and Hazy J thought differently.

PS Note the finger mark on the side of the cake.
When I wasn't looking Hazy decided to try the frosting.


I took these pictures while the boys were napping. I blew up balloons, and placed little "cowboy rubber duckies" everywhere. I also went through my scrapbooks, and pulled out a few LO's that I made about Hazen. I thought it added a special touch.









When the boys woke up from their nap, they wanted to see all that Mom did while they were sleeping. Hazen was excited about his duck cake.
Note that at this point there was only 1 duck on the cake.





After the boys saw everything we hurried to take a bath, and get dressed before the party. I bought Hazen a t-shirt at Wal-Mart that fit his personality. It has a picture of Bamm Bamm....doesn't he look like Hazen? And Bamm Bamm with his big club just fits my rough and tumble little boy!!!
Plus is was orange and only $3.00...I couldn't resist buying it for him.
The boys decided to have a quick "duck fruit snack" before the guests arrived.



Now you can imagine that I was in a rush, and not paying very much attention at this point. When I came around the corner, I noticed that there were now 3 ducks on the cake. Hazen found a couple of ducks that I had placed around the house, and decided to place them on the cake too.





Fish wanted to be included and so he grabbed another rubber duck and placed it on the cake too.






Our guests started to arrive, and we decided to open gifts.









Then it was time to sing "Happy Birthday" to the birthday boy and blow out the candles.





We were able to take a picture of all of the kids at the birthday party. Even Corbin was able to stand for a little while. He was quite shocked when all of the kids decided to start walking while still holding his hand after the photoshoot!










Sydney (a little girl at the party) decided to add two more ducks to the cake while we were setting up to cut the cake! I just love how it turned out, and it makes it more fun that the kids were able to help decorate it.

Don't you just love the rubber duck that looks like it is about to fall off of the side of the cake!





Young and Old and In between helped Hazy J celebrate turning 2. I loved that there were so many different age groups at the party, but it didn't matter. We all enjoyed watching a very excited little boy TRY to blow out his candles.
Hazy finally had to have Fischer's help to blow out his candles.








A shot of the birthday boy! A big thanks to Crystal for taking pictures for me. It was so nice to have someone else take pictures. She did a great job.








See my cupcake that G'ma Susie made...




I love this picture of Hazen too. It captures his birthday t-shirt, and him enjoying a yummy cupcake!!!





Fish and Hazen then decided they needed cake and ice cream too. They were stuffed, and ate way too many sweets.
But hey it was a birthday party right?!?


Thanks to all of our guests for making it a very special birthday day for Hazy J.

4 comments:

Lisa McConnell said...

Happy birthday Hazen! Looks like a great party...for the kids and "big" kids too!

Mamí♥Picture said...

Aww, I love your post!
Awesome pictures full of FUN!!
Birthday parties are the best!
You did a great job!
Happy Belated Birtday Hazen!!!
Have a Beautiful Monday my Beautiful friend!

Shasta said...

I just love all the pictures!! It's so adorable how he added more ducks to his cake, that is totally something my 2 yro would do too! Happy Birthday to him! I just LOVE your house btw!!

Kat said...

Love the duck theme. Some of my kids have been real fans, too. You have a gorgeous view off your deck there! How restful it must be.

Happy birthday to your fellow!

Kat