Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Imperfect

I've been thinking lately about how I want to tell our story.
When I scrapbook I try to represent our life.
Usually I scrapbook about the good things that happen in my life, our lives.
But I want to represent the imperfect parts too.
My every day life is made up of lots of imperfect moments, lots of imperfect reactions...lots of imperfection!
Also even when I scrapbook I sometimes want to find the perfect embellishment or piece of paper.
Really what matters the most to me are the imperfect photos with the imperfect story told by me.
I'm not a professional photographer (YET :)). I'm not a professinal writer.
But sometimes just honestly, imperfectly telling my story strikes a chord with people. I don't think most people expect perfection. So why do I expect to make a perfect brilliant story? Sometimes I definately do not feel brilliant...or witty. Sometimes I'm tired and the words simply do not flow.
Still I want to tell my story...
And so here are a few imperfect pictures taken with bad lighting...still they strike a chord with me!
I love them because they represent the funny, the snuggly, the messy, the broken parts of my everyday life.











2 comments:

Heather S said...

Perfectly said! I used to hold back the 'not-so-perfect' pictures or stories, but I realize they are part of our lives, and who we are.. so now you get the good, the bad, the ugly.. :D

Alison said...

Very true! The "imperfect" is all around us but... maybe that's what makes our lives just "perfect". Thanks for sharing!