Wednesday, February 03, 2010

42/52 Yesterday & Today

Forever In Blue Jeans


I wish I knew the date of when the top picture was taken. My great g'ma is the one on the far right of the picture leaning in next to her friend. The writing of "Westfield Girls" is her actual handwriting. I just scanned the back of the picture so that I could use her handwriting on my LO.

Some thoughts on this LO:

Friendship requires no date.
Friendship was as important during my great g'ma's generation as it is today.
I have lost touch with lots of my middleschool Reno friends, but their friendship meant the world to me at the time.
I wonder if my great g'ma kept in touch with all of her Westfield chums or not?

11 comments:

Robyn said...

What a great layout and fun pictures!

Carin said...

Oh wow that is so cool! I love how you have the two similar pictures that are so many years apart. Your LO's continue to amaze me, you are very talented, and motivated to get so many done. That is really awesome!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

great photos. Love the layout.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Very nice and clever idea.

Shoot Me

Marice said...

wow! thats really cool! :) love how you were able to find pic similar to the present!

u may view mine here

Darcie said...

Once again you have out done yourself, and I love your thought about friendships don't require a date...so true!

Heather S said...

amazing layout! I've lost touch with most of my school friends also, as I moved away afterwards. But SO very glad for friendships I have today!

Erin said...

I love that layout...you made a beautiful picture.

Anonymous said...

Neat! I'm reading The Girls from Ames right now... enjoying their friendships and close connections. You'd have similar memories. Love the old one of your grandma and her girls, too.

Alison said...

This is one of the coolest posts of all time! What a special picture to have (and writing) from you great grandmother! and then the one of you. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Kristin said...

I LOVE how you included the 'then' and 'now'! I look forward to visiting again and checking out your other layouts!
I'm beginning to feel inspired to get some scrapping done! :)