Thursday, February 01, 2007

I could kiss the plumber! hee hee

The shower in the utility bathroom!

The bathtub for the master bedroom!


Fischer jumping for joy because the plumber is here! Actually he is just jumping because he loves to!

We finished the clear coat yesterday too.

The plumber came yesterday afternoon...much to my delight.

A List of Reasons why I am so HAPPY about the plumber:
1) He can hook up my washer in my new house, which means I do not have to haul my laundry to the guest house next to George and Susie's...this has been going on since Dec 2004!
2) It means that we are that much closer to finishing the house!
3) I have a new bathtub that will scrub a nice beautiful white...right now our tub is an orange color! ha ha ha Chris calls our water privacy water...meaning it is sooo dirty that you cannot see anything when you are taking a bath!
4) Our toilets will flush easily! And the seat of the toilet will not fall off everytime a person needs to use the restroom!
Oh the joys of living in an old ranch house. I know years from now we will laugh about all of the memories!
PS: The faster we move in the less we will find dead rabbits and rats under our house! The count so far is 3 rabbits and 3 rats. Our cat keeps getting stuck under there too. So Chris has to retrieve him every couple of days! Have I told you all the story of our other cat that died under the house? I had to burn lots of candles. Somehow they manage to creep in there, and then cannot find a way out!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We are laughing at your kiss the plumber title - I can understand why you'd be inclined to do so after seeing how much he'll do to benefit you as a housewife!!!
The house looks beautiful - and it's neat that you and Fischer are getting in on helping too. Love the picture of you and he staining. Keep the pictures coming!!

Jocelyn said...

I'm so excited for you! Your house will be so nice. I love the 'privacy water'...cracks me up :-)

Darla said...

You are so funny. Great to see your sense of humor amidst construction...it can be a difficult time. I liked your photo of you and Fischer helping stain. We're excited to see pics of your new home. Keep them coming!

Shelly said...

The house looks absolutley fabulous. What a project of love for you two. I imagine you have put your heart and soul (blood, sweat and tears too) into every part of building it. It has come along way since we got the tour this summer. Congrats on the arrival of the plumber and the new ease of doing laundry!

'Privacy water'...Chris is a pretty funny fella.

We have a backpack for Alli, but I haven't used it yet. Now seeing you and Fischer using one, is going to prompt me to get it out and "put her on".

Anonymous said...

Your house is looking super neat and all of the pictures are great!

Kate said...

Thanks for all of your lovely comments! It is always fun to hear from all of you. We have put our "blood, sweat, and tears" into this house. But I know that we will not regret a moment of the process once its complete! And I will be so THANKFUL for everything that this new house offers because I had to wait to get it!