Friday, March 09, 2007

An Afternoon in the Park!

This picture is just thrown in because Fischer loves to help me re-re-re-arrange my cupboards about 3 times daily!




Amelia and Fischer's first time on the swings.


Candy, Amelia and Fischer enjoying a picnic lunch in the park. On Wednesday, I headed to Laramie for a baby appt., and then met Candy at her house. We took a subway lunch, and headed to the park because it was such a lovely day. It was so fun to let the kids enjoy the sunshine and play on the swings. Amelia seemed to like the swings a little better than Fischer...I guess I will just have to keep taking him so he becomes more accustomed to it. We want to take the kids to this park in the summer because there is a cute little kiddie pool too.

Fischer did great at the baby appt., and was quite shocked when he heard the baby's heartbeat coming out of mommy's tummy. All of the nurses loved holding him, and helping me with him during my appt. They even gave him a toy!

6 comments:

candy said...

Kate, It was so good to see you.
Funny pic of Fischer rearranging your cupboards... Amelia is in "organization" mode too. I have to wait to fold clothes until she is sleeping because she DELIGHTS in unfolding everything and then arranging them into piles of her own. Oh well, I guess if we are patient in showing them how to help now, we will someday appreciate the help that they give. :)

Kate said...

Hey Candy,
I can just picture the "folding clothes" piles that Amelia makes. Fischer hasn't yet helped me with the laundry yet, but I'm sure he will one of these days. :)
We hope to see you again soon!!!

Darla said...

Definitely keep swinging him. Jonathan was a little unsure about it at first, but loves swinging now! Annisia likes to swing in his swing in the sandbox too. Good days!

Shelly said...

The swinging looks like fun! I will have to take Alli. We haven't done a trip to the park yet. Nor has she experienced going through the cupboards, but she's not crawling yet and can't get to them. I should count my blessings right? Soon enough! I really need to baby-proof my kitchen!

Anonymous said...

I remember how you and Emily used to LOVE to play in boxes, and every seasoned mom loves to remember the rearranging stage...I got a kick out of your description of REREREarange!!! I love you kaykay...you make me laugh!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember when your dad and I lived on a ranch 55 miles from Holbrook Arizona...it was the only ranch...no close neighbors, so I would take you and Emily to town once a week and we would always go to the park for a picnic...even if the wind was blowing 80 MPH, even if it was raining...we always made it to the park, so you kids could see other kids too.Love, GmaTerry