Friday, March 02, 2007

Aspen Leaves...

Chris has been working all week on the dry wall in the utility bathroom. I have always loved aspen trees/leaves. We were married under apsen trees, and so I wanted to carry that theme into our new house. So we bought an aspen leaf stencil and Chris used dry wall mud to go over it! If you enlarge the picture you can see the aspen leaves on the wall. Then we will paint over the leaves. I chose one light green color of paint and one dark green color of paint. We are going to use the leaves in our master bathroom as well. I think I might use different colors though...I'm not sure yet! I am pretty EXCITED that we are getting to this point in the house!!!


Clark working on the main level stairs that go to the loft. We are going to stain the log the same color as the rest of the house! He is doing a great job!!!

Fischer working on using his knees! He is getting better, but still prefers to stand or use his tummy to creep along.


Fischer just being his funny self after our exercises this morning!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea with the aspen leaves! How clever...that will be a really nice accent.
Fish is cute as ever! : )

Darla said...

I like the leaf idea too. I'd have never thought of that...hmmm, maybe in our next house!
Fischer is cute...good luck with the exercises.

Anonymous said...

I had some catching up to do on your blog. It was fun!! It looks like your home is coming along beautifully. I LOVE aspens as well. Give Fischer a hug!
Cary, Chris, and girls

Anonymous said...

what a man of many talents...making the rest of us look bad..
Morgan

Jocelyn said...

The aspen leaves should be neat...I actually had an idea like that too, that I saw at a house once. They did thick plaster kind of stuff, and then pushed different kinds of leaves into it and pulled them out to leave the imprint, and then did a colored glaze sort of thing over it...I decided since we might not be in this house for very long though, I shouldn't get that specific when we remodeled our bathroom a little while ago. Maybe on our next house out in the country! HaHa, dream on!