Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!


The next time I start to feel sorry for myself, I am going to read this post...

My mom raised four kids all by herself, until she met my step dad Randall when I was seven years old. While she was busy raising four kids, she also went to college and received her degree in nursing. Then Randall and my mom had my sister Meagan. My mom always said that after three kids...the more the merrier!

Now can you see why I have no reason to feel sorry for myself when I am tired at the end of the day!

I remember my mom telling me that after she had my twin brothers...she was so tired she stuck socks in the freezer. :)

I hope you have a very restful and relaxing Mother's Day, Mom. And just know that Chris, Fish and I wish you a very happy Mother's Day.




Peek-A-Boo!




My mom always pulled us kids around in the little red wagon. I don't remember her ever having a stroller?!? My mom is holding my twin brothers Michael and James. My sister Emily is sitting next to her with the striped blue and pink sweater. I am wearing RED pants...ha ha ha



My mom always made the best birthday cakes...




Mom and I celebrating my first birthday...




I was quite proud of my new undies...:) I thought you would enjoy this picture Mom!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most precious post!! Also, I hear that you are expecting another boy! What fun! He and Fischer will be the best of friends. Congratulations!!
Love, Cary

Lisa McConnell said...

Happy Mother's Day...yesterday. Hope you had a good day! Fun to see some old family pictures too!

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming that's YOU, kate, holding the birthday cake!? It definitely is a pose that I've seen on you before! :)

I laughed when I saw that pic of you showing your undies! Look at those leg rolls! Oy!! :) *heehee*

Anonymous said...

your mom has much to be grateful for......I admire her very much....great job she did with all the kids...melissa

Shelly said...

That was a wonderful tribute post to your Mom! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Katie,
you look so BEAUTIFUL...the picture of health and vitality! You truly have an "artistic eye" with your photos. Thanks for such a special gift...those were really good days, when I was home, and able to take you all to the park...we used to have a blast, "walking the tight rope" all the way around the park..balancing on top of those logs was challenging.We HAD to stay on the entire time! NO EXCEPTIONS!!Even in between logs, we jumped, and kept going! Then later, we would go and visit at the cafe in town and catch up on all the latest. I love you, momma
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures! You can tell it was you! Love the leg rolls in the undies picture :) Remember when leg rolls used to be cute?!

Dim and Jana said...

I really liked this post to your mom! Good idea. Mom's are great!

Anonymous said...

Kate, what adorable pictures. I too like the rolly thighs. What a darling little girl you were! (still are :))