Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lots of Laughter, Visiting and Just Plain Fun!

Our busy week started with having 6 puppies at 4AM on Tuesday. I heard our dog Nip howling at the top of her lungs...at first I thought it was a coyote. I woke Chris up wondering what in the world was going on! Then Chris peeked his head out of the door, and could hear the puppies.
Joe and Jan and "Grandma" (Joe's Mom) came Tuesday afternoon to spend a couple of days with us. Joe helped Chris lay tile, and Jan helped me prune my bushes. Grandma helped me keep Fischer preoccupied. She was so good with Fischer, and just loved spending time with him. Fischer enjoyed all of the attention!
We sure had fun. The weather was beautiful, and we had lots of BBQ's outside. Joe and Jan also love bird watching, and had fun driving around the ranch and looking at all of the birds. They headed home on Thursday evening.
On Friday, we headed over to Kirby and Dixie's branding. Dixie was suppose to have her baby on Saturday, but the hospital was so full they had to wait! We are anxiously waiting to hear from them...
That evening we met Owen and Kristi at the Wolf for dinner. It was fun to go out to eat with good friends...and Fischer enjoyed all of the GOOD FOOD.
On Saturday, Damon and Tessa and their two little boys came to see us. Fischer had so much fun with Deuce and Dante. It was good for me to see Tessa in action because her boys are 20 months apart. I am going to be VERY BUSY! :) Tessa and I enjoyed chatting, and watching our boys. It was sure fun to make a new friend...I plan to head to Laramie very soon to see their house. Damon helped Chris lay tile. He does such a nice job, and Chris had a blast working with him. They laughed and told jokes the entire time they were working. We are looking forward to having them back this coming Saturday.
Today, Owen and Kristi and Emily came for meeting. Then Emily stayed this afternoon to just chat and play with Fischer. I have been spoiled with such good company, I'm not going to know what to do with myself this week. :)




TILE...Chris and I are so happy to see this on the floor! We are getting SO CLOSE to being DONE!




This is looking from the kitchen into the Great Room...







Our Great Room window is trimmed with Aspen...
Clark is sure doing a nice job on our trim work.






Fischer enjoying one of our puppies...




Tessa, Dante and Deuce spending some time in our new house with Chris and Damon.




Fischer showing G'ma his new trick...standing up in the stroller. Mommy didn't get a whole lot of pruning accomplished after Fischer learned this trick! :)





Getting ready for a BBQ...




Jan's amazing pruning ability...
She just loves pruning, and I am not going to stop her!







Fischer eating a stick...hmmmm




My Aspen tree is alive and doing well. I am hoping that we can plant some more. I just LOVE Aspen trees...




Chris laying tile...





This picture was taken right before we started laying the tile...


Joe hard at work...




My appliances...YEAH!





The spindles are in, and now Fischer and our other little one cannot fall from the loft!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, I just LOVE to read your posts about your house! You just sound SO excited and it makes ME so excited for you!!! :o) I can tell you, too, that I've been hearing all about you guys today. Your company loved being there just as much as you loved having them there! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. It's fun to have company and I've known those "tile" people most of my life! WONDERFUL folks! :) Everything looks like it's coming along!

candy said...

Kate, The house looks AWESOME. :)

Amy said...

WOW! All that needs to be said! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Kate. Your house is beautiful - how exciting to getting so close to being finished! One of these days I'm going to come that way so I can see it in person. Karen F

Shelly said...

I love seeing all the progress on your house! Please let me know when Kirby & Dixie's little one arrives. What are they having?

Kate said...

Hey Shelly,
Kirby and Dixie had a little boy...
His name is Burris Jack.
I don't know much more than that, but will email you with the information too.

Anonymous said...

Gosh the tile adds so much to the look of a house, and the black fridge and stove that I thought I would hate look really sharp. I can't wait to go up in the loft with the kids!! Can I? Huh..Huh..?
I'll tear down the "NO GRANDMAS ALLOWED" sign, if they make one for their club house when they're older...! I CALL DIBBS ON THE LOFT!!!LOVE,Grandma T xoxoxoxoxo