Thursday, October 25, 2007

This and That...

Hazen had his two month check up on Tuesday. He weighs 14 pounds 2 ounces! He has almost doubled his birth weight in two months. :) Needless to say, he is very healthy and happy.


Fischer's new "scowl" face. He looks pretty tough doesn't he?


These pictures are for all of you "warm weather" folks. We hope you can come and sit with us by our fire while it is snowing. That goes for all you "cold weather" folks too! :)



Fischer loves to play in the "no." The "s" is hard to say so most of the time it sounds like "no!"
Also Fischer loves to look at the "moon and stars." One of his favorite books is Goodnight Moon.
He always points to the cow jumping over the moon and says, "prity, moon." Then he points to the cows and says, "cow, Daddy." He knows Daddy works with cows. :)
I just don't want to forget how sweet it is to hear him say, "prity, moon."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how these little ones pick up on what their Daddy's interests are. Quenten's big thing right now is baseball! He runs to get one as soon as Matt comes into the house and wants to play catch! Such sweeties!

Anonymous said...

Man, oh, Man! I can't believe how BIG Fischer is in these pictures! That's incredible! Obviously, with the stats you posted for Hazen, he's growing like a weed, too, but it just seems like Fischer has really changed and is growing up!! Guess it has to happen, right? :)

Reluctant Kerry said...

Matt and I love the picture of the house with the teeeeny tiny man at the corner of the photo.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures again, Kate. Fun to see your boys growing up. It does look cold...hope we don't get any of that for awhile here...it would be hard on the corn and beans! Lorraine

Shelly said...

Oh that fire looks soooooo cozy! We will be up your way next weekend! We will give you a call so we can catch up in person. Please email me your phone number.

Anonymous said...

How is that wood stove holding up in "beating out" the cold from the picture window? I am curious to know ... when I was a kid, we grew up in an old farmhouse, and I remember laying in bed and blowing air out to see the vapour cloud...it felt so cozy with many blankets piled high...but man was it ever hard to get out of bed!My father would come to the door and say "Rise and Shine, your burnin daylight"I didn't want to get up for chores and school...I wanted to stay in that cocoon untill I hatched out in the spring when it was warmer!
I just love that pic of the boys laying head to head...the little "buddies"
Here is a poem that my mother and grandmother used to say to us...pass it on to the little "Moon lover"

THE MOON IS THE NORTHWIND'S COOKIE
HE BITES IT DAY BY DAY...
UNTILL IT'S BUT A RIM OF SCRAPS
THAT CRUMBLE ALL AWAY...
THE SOUTHWIND IS A BAKER
HE KNEADS CLOUDS ALL DAY...
AND BAKES A CRISP NEW MOON THAT GREEDY NORTH WIND EATS AGAIN...

Hazen looks like perfection...a happy "chub meister"...I am "chuckin the chub"from afar!
Chris...I sure would like to take turns holding the boys with you in front of that woodstove!!!I'll bet you get up well BEFORE daylight!I can hear the "crunch crunch" of the cold snow under your feet, as you go get the wood for the stove. I miss you Katie...are you going to celebrate Halloween?I LOVE YOUxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoMOM

Anonymous said...

Whoops....Katie, I goofed on the poem (I should have proof read it before I sent it)the verse on line # 6 should say
HE KNEADS CLOUDS IN HIS DEN
not "all day"
I am glad I did this at 50...I may not remember it at all by the time I'm 60!Love you all, Gma Terry