Thursday, March 06, 2008

Our Days at G'pa and G'ma's...

This was the scene this morning before Susie and I headed into town. I walked to my house just to get a few things, and to run my dishwasher. The snow was shining so beautifully! It made for a pretty walk into my house.

We have been staying at George and Susie's because our yard blew shut again. It is easier for Chris because then he doesn't have to worry about us, and we can see him during the day when he is calving.









The guys moved the cows home yesterday.

















This is what G'ma's house looks like after she has two little boys stay with her for a few days.







Fischer was showing Hazy the horse. Hazen started patting it! I had to take a picture.







Then Hazen started patting his brother!!!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate! I've sure been thinking of you guys this morning! :) I hope you're doing well and I'm glad that you have the company of Grandma during the days. :) I'm sure she doesn't mind the messes, either! Grandma's & Grandpa's are sure great, aren't they? Anyway, you have a good Friday and take care!!

Troy and Beth said...

I love looking at your pictures...your life is a bit different from us city dwellers. *grin Troy grew up moving cattle on a ranch in Missouri so it's fun listening to him tell me about it. We just spent the morning with the boys' cousins Grant and Victoria...they came over to jump on the trampoline and "play" I guess they are more exciting then me *grin! What does it mean to have your yard blow shut?

Kate said...

Hey thanks for the comments! I should have explained what happened better in my post about the wind blowing our yard shut. The wind blew the snow so much that it made huge drifts on our road. When we tried to drive our car out of our driveway the drifts were too deep, and we had to have our hired man pull us out with the tractor. Hopefully this explains it better. :)

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have Gma and Gpa so close...I'll bet it's nice to have adult company to visit with while Chris is calving...I would love to be "stuck" inside that beautiful house of yours with those lovely boys...I could be stuck all winter...heehee...Love, Gma Terryxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo