Thursday, January 07, 2010

38/52 Great G'ma & Me

Forever In Blue Jeans


I plan to use an American Crafts Pen to do my journaling in my own handwriting once I get this back from the printers. I cheated a little bit & used two pictures from the same day on my second page. I love how the LO turned out, and I plan to do something similar for my boys and Chris too.




I plan to print this off & use an American Craft Pen as well. I think it is really important to include some of my own handwriting on my LO's. It is something that gets lost when I do lots of digi pages. Now I am going to start to combine them.
In this LO, I am comparing pictures of me & my great g'ma. She is holding her first born who just happens to be a boy. I love that these pictures were taken close to a hundred years apart yet the emotions are similar. We are both new mothers. We are both experiencing the myriad of emotions that goes with becoming a new mother. We are both looking down at our new baby boys in awe. It is pretty amazing to think that this little person was once inside of me, and now depends on me! I plan to think more about this common human bond that spans generations when I journal. I'm going to let it percolate for awhile before I actually put pen to paper.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I can't pick just one that I like the best!

Robyn said...

Great pictures!

Erin said...

I love the entire thing...it is so inspired. Now I just need to learn to do digital layouts for all my pictures...

Chubskulit Rose said...

I have been trying to learn that but it seems that its not for me hehehe. Great job.

Sharing our New Year's celebration

Marice said...

great photos :)

u may view mine here

Mamí♥Picture said...

Awesome Pictures!!
I am totally in Love with your layouts!!!
You Rock Girl!
【ツ】

Carin said...

Oh those are awesome LO's. You are so talented and creative. My fave would have to be the one with you and your great grandma, so precious.

Darcie said...

Oh Kate...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that last picture of you and your Great-grandma. That is a picture you will treasure forever...that one truly is priceless. Did I mention how much I LOVE it?