Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Painting in Carhartts & Spell Check

This is the next step in the process...

Can't wait to see it on the walls!


Today I primed (okay a little paranoid after the spell check incident...I'm not sure if this is right?) the bedroom downstairs while the boys slept. I had to find something to wear that I didn't mind smearing paint all over. I dug these out of our closet. Unfortunately, they were not made for someone who is 30 weeks pregnant. I was glad no one was around to watch as I tried to roll paint on the ceiling while trying to keep my briches up.

PS: Those black hair clips are the only ones left in my house that have not had a least one of the little prongs broken off. The boys love to play with my hair clips. I go through them like grant took richmond. Fischer is always asking me if he can use my "hair clips to play crane!"




If you look closely I spelled Clos(e)ly wrong. I could not take it back once I had sent it. Photoshop does not spell check, and now I've started to try to be more careful and put everything on a word document before I add it to photoshop.
Oops! ;)
My mom called me the morning after and asked if I had spelled it wrong. At first I played with a few options... well actually I was just trying to be clever and spelled it wrong purposely because I wanted everyone to look closer (HA! come on Kate like your mother is going to believe that anyway), but then I had to admit it to her and myself.
Ummmm no I just spelled it wrong!
So I am starting to really appreciate Spell Check. It seems the longer I am out of college the more I need it.
Next time I will not be so impulsive & I will take the time to spell check my LO. Also I will not let my 2 year old sit on my lap while I am trying to submit something. He has this habit of reaching for everything I have on my desk whether it be paper, pens or our phone wall hanger (I'm not sure what to call it) that I don't know what to do with because we don't plan to hang our phone on the wall.








4 comments:

Carin said...

Ahhh! Your painting! I soooo need to get busy and catch up to you. did you texture your walls? I have lots to do before I texture still.

Anonymous said...

I have a set of clothes under my hanging racks that I save just for painting. And when they get too crusty, I designate another set.

And spell check... I know all about that. I can go back and change it on posts, but comments and facebook... whew and ugh. Just have to hit delete sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Kate, you are one busy lady that is about to get busier!! Oh, those words that aren't spelled right and enter is hit!!! The only thing wrong with spell check is it doesn't correct those words that are spelled right but aren't what you want...no, on or too, to, etc. Thanks for keeping us smiling!! Linda

Jen said...

It's SO true about forgetting things the longer we're out of school, huh? I even find that if I'm on a break from school (aka, winter break or something), I completely relax and have the hardest time remembering simple words and such. It's crazy! So, I sympathize with you!!! :o)

I can't WAIT to see the new paint on the walls!! Show us soon! :)