Friday, March 05, 2010

A Few Thoughts on my Hazy J...

He is holding onto the bottom of my nightgown in this picture. He will hold onto it, and follow me around the house in the morning.

Every night before bed he says "Hey Mama."
"Yes Hazy"
"One day a dog bit me on the leg." I am not sure why this is his conversation starter, but it is. Fischer's used to be "last night a coyote bit me."
Sometimes he substitutes G'pas dog Jazz into his story...

He loves to sing nick nack patty wack give a dog a bone
At the end of the song he says "This old man he play three he played nick nack on my DAD or Mom." And then he just laughs and laughs.

"I'm serious" (said like only a 2 year old can say it) has become a new favorite phrase and he loves to sing his ABC's...
He will be a big brother soon, and I just wanted to remember a few things about him right now.
I am off to prepare for baby. I plan to wash crib sheets, and to get the carseat ready. I like to be prepared...:)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think that one thing I LOVE about kiddos is that they OFTEN think that they're just too funny! :) That alone make me laugh a lot. :)

About the wee babe...I made up a song for you! It goes like this...

"Any day, any DAY, Baby will come out to play..."

And that's all I've come up with right now. I was trying to think of the tune that was going with it in my head and I realized that it was the "patty whack" song. (Can you get it with my words? Just add, "With a knick knack, patty whack..." right after the dots and it should come together quite nicely!) So, thanks for that, Hazy-J. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy planning and preparing, with your big babe at your feet. :) They are the "baby", but they seem to grow overnight when the newborn comes. Good capture of your boy... the photo, and your thoughts.