Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Perfectly Imperfect

A little story about these pictures...
I took Fischer's coat off to try and take a few shots of him with his button up cowboy shirt on. He was not impressed. He kept telling me that he was freezing. Don't worry I wasn't too mean. I put his coat on right after my little photo session here.


A few things I want to remember about Fischer...
The other day we were heading to a nearby swimming pool. As you can imagine I have a hard time finding anything that fits very well. I just decided to wear some shorts and a t-shirt over my green bathing suit. Fish looked up at me with a smile and said "Mom, you look like Toad." If any of you have ever read Frog and Toad there is a story about Toad in which he decides to wear a bathing suit to go swimming in, but is embarrassed to have the other animals see him in it. :) I can relate right now, and his little thought made me laugh.
As we were getting ready for bed Fischer explained to me that "Hazen, him and me" all have "whiny voices" sometimes but Dad never does because his voice his deep. And then he proceeded to talk very low and business like. As you can imagine Chris thought this was great!
As we were driving in the car to town I had a favorite radio station playing. There was a lady singing from France and then I heard a voice from the back tell me "that lady sounds funny. She must be Amish." I have never talked much about Amish people, and I have no idea where he came up with this!
He loves to listen to Hank the Cow Dog on our CD Player, and his favorite CD right now is The Case of the Missing Watermelons.
Making "dump piles" has become a favorite thing to do...much to my dismay.
He takes all of the toys in the basement and piles them in the middle of the room. Needless to say I had to try to put a stop to this after the 6th time that we were trying to put everything back!
He loves to pretend with his brother. Recently they have been Clifford and G'pa George or Kenny, Jennelle and baby Chaizley.
He also loves to pack things in an old suitcase that we have or his lunch boxes downstairs.




I took these two pictures of Hazen yesterday. I love them for so many reasons. That morning he had run into my end table so Daddy had to put a Spongebob band aid on his cheek. It really is amazing what a special band aid and kiss from Mom can fix.
His shirt is on inside out because he has to dress himself.
Definitely in the "me do it" and "I'm big" stage. Here lately he says "I'm big" and then stands up real tall with his tummy and chest stuck out.
He had just woken up from a very long nap, and his hair shows it.
Also he is eating a special ice cream sandwich because just that day he had taken it upon himself to come upstairs and go poo in the pot. This is a big deal when your little boy tells you that he needs to go poo instead of hiding somewhere! He is becoming self motivated. HOORAY
We will see how long it lasts.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

So precious! It's wonderful that you've recorded all these memories.