Thursday, May 08, 2008

Fischer

Holding a frog that Dad found in the pond...
Can you see the ketchup all over his face? He really enjoyed his grilled hamburger too.
He is ALL BOY!
Digging up worms with G'pa ...






Fischer is 2, and very curious about everything. His newest phrases are "No I'm isn't", "Who gave that?", "How come?", and "Because WHY?"




He loves dinosaurs, riding with G'pa George on the 4-wheeler or tractor, and playing "STUCK in the snow/mud again." He has started to sleep in the "big boy bed" at night, and sleeps with three froggie toys.




He loves to give Hazen snacks, and makes sure to break off "little pieces" for him. Lately, he enjoys drinking "surprise milk" (chocolate milk) and eating cheerios and milk with a banana for breakfast. His favorite snacks are goldfish, cheerios, string cheese, and fruit snacks. Throughout the day he will burst into song. His favorites are "Old McDonald" and "Tell me the story of Jesus." He says he is going to sing "number 2 (pause) 8, 9, 10" for a meeting song. Usually "Old McDonald" has a "mouse" and he goes "keek keek keek."




He loves to say names of people. He calls us "Daddy Chris" and "Mommy Katie." He also says "G'pa George (it sounds like Dorge) and "G'ma Susie." Susie always has lots of emphasis on every syllable....SuSie.



We headed over to Willis and Kathy's branding last Saturday. Fischer looked out of the window at Kathy's house and said "Oh my word, it is snowing again!" :) The branding had to be cancelled due to the snow.




The other morning he woke up singing. I asked him what he was singing, and he said "a meeting song." I thought this was a good spritual lesson for me. I love it when my children teach me something about the most important things in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, your stories about Fischer and what he is learning, saying, doing and teaching always make me a bit teary. He is SO precious! BOTH boys are just precious!! I busted out laughing when you wrote about him breaking out into song...I was able to picture EXACTLY what you were talking about especially since I witnessed it at Damon & Tessa's! What a hoot!!

Thanks for sharing your days with us!!! Oh, and I wanted to ask...whatever caused Fischer to start calling chocolate milk "surprise milk"? Was he just surpised at how different it tasted from regular milk? Just curious! :)

Kate said...

I think Daddy called it "surprise milk" first, and then it just stuck!!!
I am not sure why Chris called it that...maybe just because it was a special surprise and different from regular milk.