Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I just picked this chimanea (sp?) up on Friday. I love it, and Mary (the lady who owns Doggett's greenhouse) also gave me the red flowers for a gift! I thought they were fitting for the 4th of July!



I put my Willow Tree Lady holding the flag up for the 4th!

Guess who loves the "Branger" Ranger? Hazy J!
He loves to ride with Daddy and Mommy. He is constantly telling us that he wants to ride in the "branger."







The boys were all dressed in mud boots and their raincoats to ride with Daddy in the Ranger. We have been getting dumped on lately. The extra rain is great! Rain=More Grass and when you are running 3000+ yearlings that is good news!!!




I cooked for a bunch of "cow people" on Thursday. I was up early and made cheesy potatoes, sloppy joes, scotcharoos, fruit salad and lettuce salad.







The boys got to ride with Shane in his neat semi. They loved it.




We rode in the 4th of July parade today. My grandparents made this ride to showcase their corporation. The boys loved waving at the crowd, throwing candy and stealing a few pieces of candy for themselves along the way. :)


Fischer is pretending to talk to G'ma Ewing on his cell phone.

PS I have a smudge in these pictures from a sunscreened little finger. I finally cleaned my lense after I got home today. Thank goodness for the ability to crop! I will just crop out the side where I see the little finger smudge. ;)














The boys were busy doctoring their cows when we got home from the parade this afternoon.









We also had a "meeting." Fischer and Hazen play meeting several times a day. Fischer asks if "anyone has a number to sing." And then we sing, pray, shake hands and go and sleep in the quarters.












It poured rain this afternoon. After it cleared away, and the sun came up there was a double rainbow outside of our window. It actually happened right as the boys were having "meeting." Hazy kept yelling "banbow." It was extremely beautiful, and a wonderful way to end our 4th of July day. Hope everyone had a lovely day too.













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, It was fun to check in with you today. It sounds like a fun day. Your meal for the men looks delicious. I'm sure they thoroughly enjoyed it. The boys are quite entertaining...they are so cute. Your rainbow picture is beautiful. Have a great tomorrow. Linda

Wrena said...

Fun and darling! Great capture of the rainbow too!

Jen said...

I love your rainbow picture, I will have to take one of those some day too. Like your stand to display your current pages!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful rainbow... a gift to the soul. The pictures of your boys always take me back about 13 years to when my boys were those ages. Such fun times...

Amy said...

We always love looking at your pictures Kate, even tho we aren't so good at commenting!!

Great job on all the scrapbooking too! Looks like the perfect hobby.