Saturday, July 11, 2009

Spilled Creamer & A Hug...

Last night I was in a rush to leave for a cookout up in the woods. As I was pulling the kilbasa out of the fridge, my coffee creamer bottle dropped on the floor and dumped everywhere. Now I love coffee creamer (vanilla caramel to be exact), but when it is out of the bottle is it absolutely a sticky, stinky mess. I had a little boy (Fish) right in front of me when I was pulling the kilbasa out of the fridge...so after the spill we were both covered in coffee creamer. We had it in our hair, our clothes, and on our faces. It shot back clear across my kitchen floor, and even left tiny dots all over my cupboards!!! YUCK
I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to pick the mess up because I was already in a hurry...and out of no where I hear a sweet voice say "I know what to do." Then I felt these tiny arms come around my neck. My sweet little boy just hugged me while we were sitting in and covered by sticky, sweet smelling vanilla caramel creamer...

In that moment, my 3 year old took charge. He calmed his mommy down, and then proceeded to help me clean up the mess. Thank you my dear, sweet little boy!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

HOW SWEET! And that is why no matter how many times we think our kids are making us crazy, we would still never trade them for the world!!!

Lisa McConnell said...

Awe...that's the solution a lot of times!! Or at least it helps out the situation!

Alison said...

Ahhh! Thanks for sharing. Some days can be so crazy but nice to have kids who slow us down a little and help us along. :)