Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hippopotamus Yogurt & Hippopotamus Cereal

Fischer and Hazen have been using their imaginations all morning. They just morphed from rhinos into hippopotamuses.
Fischer said, "I just dropped my hippopotamus baby off (Hazen was laying on my bed making funny baby noises) at hippopotamus g'mas house so I can buy some hippopotamus yogurt & hippopotamus cereal. I needed to drop him off because he was driving me nuts. He kept going Waaa Waaa so I dropped him off at G'mas." :)
Goldfish were the hippopotamus vitamins... they are still sitting on my carpet. I think I vaccuum up goldfish as least twice a day.

The boys have also been pretending that my bread/pizza dough rollers are combines. We saw lots of combines on our trip last week with Kristi and Corbin to see her folks.

Fischer and Hazen have also been "reading" to each other. A few of their favorites right now are Pit Pat and Big Red Barn. It amazes me that even at their age they can memorize stories and then "read" them to each other without me.

Also Chris and I caught Hazy quietly feeding his elmo baby goldfish yesterday. He was sitting on the black bean bag ( a favorite to sit on upstairs by the fire).

I love to look up and find Fischer looking at books quietly. He is getting old enough to be able to sit STILL for long periods of time.
I'm also amazed at how long Fish and Haz can play together downstairs. It used to be constant crying and fighting. I think Hazen is getting old enough that he can join in the imaginary games too. I love to hear them having visits and planning out their next imaginary game.

Last night we watched the boys downstairs do "ski jumping" tricks off of their slide. I think Dad and I were having more fun then the boys. It was pretty hysterical to watch them try to land some of their tricks. I brought Hazy's birthday slide in for the winter. Thank goodness for basements! I think it might be a little crowded upstairs for the slide.

I'm feeling a little lost right now without my camera. I left it at Kristi's folks on accident. Luckily, Kristi brought it back with her. I am going to meet her today to pick it up. I plan to take lots of everyday pictures the rest of this week.

We are having Thanksgiving at our house this year. I am really looking forward to it. I have been planning/cleaning all week. I even printed out little name cards from Adobe Photoshop for everyones plates today!!! :) I will post pictures once I have my camera. I better get busy again, but did not want to forget all the happenings this week.

1 comment:

Carin said...

They are just the cutest. Isn't it amazing how they can memorize and recite those books. Bridger used to "read" Brown Bear when he was 3, so cute. Have a wonderful thanksgiving.