Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chris's Homemade Birthday Day Part 1

After we said an early morning "Happy Birthday" to Daddy, the boys and I started making homemade pancakes.





We had to make sure our griddle was hot.


Yum Yum. Chris said these were the best pancakes he had ever eaten. I used the recipe from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook.

Mac & McQueen were also invited to breakfast. The boys seem to be going through a phase right now & Mater, McQueen & Mac are the coolest.




The birthday boy enjoying his homemade pancake.




I had to make a second batch because my hungry boys wanted more. Now I know to just double the recipe from the beginning.









Then I started to make the homemade turkey soup & the homemade chocolate sheet cake & the homemade olive cheese bread.
Just a note: When opening cocoa powder be sure to not just rip the aluminum cover off of the can. I inhaled cocoa powder & ended up getting it all over my face, shirt and arms. Yikes I was not expecting such a cocoa powder explosion when I opened the can!

My stomach covered in cocoa powder.





Yes my kitchen was a mess after making all of these homemade things!














But this was the reward for all of the dirty dishes & messy countertops.



And if I ever think that I never accomplish anything in a day I just need to look at this post. :)




So then I started on round two after my initial breakfast & sheet cake mess was cleaned up.
I started chopping the veges fro the turkey soup & the olive cheese bread.
I stuck all of my veges in the crockpot to slow cook all day & just put my olive cheese bread topping in the fridge to save until right before supper.



Once again I washed my dishes...(my dishwasher is broken right now!)





Chris's homemade scrapbook page from me. I dearly love this rancher!








Chris ended up cooking our homemade steak sandwiches for lunch.





After lunch some special company stopped by. We decided to have some cake before they left.
Little did I know they would soon be back to stay the night because of the weather we were having yesterday!



No comments: