Monday, January 08, 2007

A Little Life

I was reading through my last post and my last sentence was how surprised I was by his progress. I felt like I wanted to explain that more clearly!

Today as I was sitting playing with Fischer, it just struck me at how amazing it is to witness a little life in progress. It is amazing at how much they learn so quickly. Just the other day I told Fischer to wave bye-bye to Daddy and he did just that! I hadn't expected him to know what I was talking about, but he did. Sometimes I take for granted how much he really does know...he's like a sponge. It is a joy to watch him learn and grow, but it is also very humbling because he is watching my response to every situation. It makes me very aware of my shortcomings and my need to watch and pray!

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jocelyn said...

It IS very humbling to have a little life watching your every move and word. It's amazing that they learn everything they know from us! Having kids is so much responsibility, but so worth it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for havin this blog. I love reading about Fischer and the Williams:-) Fischer is growing so fast and I can't believe that he is going to be a year old tomorrow. Time flys when you're having fun I guess:-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dear Fischer!!!! I had fun catching up on you all today! Give that baby a big ol birthday kiss from his lady friends in Nebraska!
Cary and the gang

Shelly said...

It is truly amazing how Fischer grown since his early arrival. I also completely understand the awe you are feeling as a parent watching your little one develop. Becoming a Mom is by far the most life-changing, amazing, humbling, important event that has occured inmy life. I absolutely love it!! I know you share in that feeling. Enjoy every moment. Have a great day. Hello to Chris and hugs and kisses to Fischer.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you said about the little ones learning so much from his/her parents. I to was amazed at what they do so easily.
Every parent thinks they have just the smartest child on the block: and so it should be.

Anonymous said...

Life is fleeting...before you know it, you will be looking back at this time as a fond memory.Your kids will be getting ready to graduate from high school, and you'll wonder..."How have all the years flown by" Then you'll look over at your husband, and ask "who are you? Oh Thats right! YOUR the guy I married!How do you do!"Haha..LIFE IS GRAND

Kate said...

Thanks all of you for your lovely comments! It sure keeps a blog alive when others comment and keep the discussion going. I love to hear from all of you!
We are getting MORE snow right now. I cannot believe how much snow we've got this winter.