Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Year Ago...

A recent shot of Fischer and cousin Rory!
Thank you Jerm, Amy, Rory and Jace for letting us stay the night Thursday and for the first birthday gift.

Fischer while he was at the NICU.


I cannot believe that it has already been a year since our whole ordeal with Fischer happened. On January 6, 2006 I slipped on the ice while going out to get Chris and Woody for lunch. I laughed through the entire fall and commented about how graceful I was since becoming pregnant. I never thought in a million years that it would lead to an ambulance ride to the hospital that night. That was the scariest ride I have ever been on because for that hour and a half I didn't know if Fischer was alive or not!

We stayed at the hospital until Sunday, when they decided to transfer us to a better hospital because his heart rate was dropping to a scary level. Chris and I were able to take a jet plane together because it was too windy for a helicopter. I was celebrating the wind that day because it meant Chris was able to fly with me! I still rode in the helicopter after we landed the jet plane. Chris was jealous because he had to take a taxi the rest of the way to the hospital because the helicopter couldn't fit both of us.

Then on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 Fischer Lee was born at 2 pounds 15 3/4 ounces and 13 1/4 inches at 4:15AM.

Today we are enjoying Fischer Lee inside our cozy house while it is snowing outside! It is amazing how much he has grown since his early beginning. We are surprised everyday by his progress.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

How well I remember hearing that you had fallen and going to see you in the hospital. It was very scary for us too-waiting to hear the latest news. We are so glad that everything worked out and you have a beautiful little boy!

Lisa said...

You had quite a start as a mom...but you have handled it with a lot of grace and a beautiful attitude! He's a doll and so sweet in every picture!

Dim and Jana said...

Love your blog! Thanks for doing a great job updating. Fischer is adorable and amazing for what you all went through!

Kate said...

Hey thanks girls! I appreciate your comments and love your blogs as well. It is sure a nice way to keep in touch.