Thursday, April 19, 2007

Quotes to ponder...

Children seldom misquote you. They more often repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said. Mae Maloo

Pregnancy defined is: Getting company inside one's skin. Maggie Scarf

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. Old English Proverb

Parents learn a lot from their children about coping with life. Muriel Spark

The most sensitive, most delicate of instruments: the mind of a little child. Henry Handel Richardson

A sweet child is the sweetest thing in nature. Charles Lamb

Children and Chickens would ever be eating. Thomas Tusser

Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. Harold S. Hulbert

Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother. Moorish Proverb

Level with your child by being honest. Nobody spots a phony quicker than a child. Mary MacCracken

Before I got married, I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. John Wilmot

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed. Maria Montessori

Remember, when they have a tantrum, don't have one of your own. Dr. Judith Kuriansky

9 comments:

candy said...

Kate, I love the new look to your site. I really like some of your quotes too. I'll have to steal them for my fridge. :)
Hope you are having a good week...see you this weekend?

Kate said...

You Go Right Ahead...and put as many as you want on your fridge! :)
I was hoping that all the mothers/fathers out there would get a kick out of these quotes. Also WE CANNOT WAIT to see you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great quotes! And your new look on the blog inspires me to give mine a facelift sometime! :)

Jocelyn said...

Love the new look!1

Anonymous said...

I don't comment very often but I do love looking at the pictures and reading your blog often. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Another quote I like, "Write your plans in pencil, and give God the eraser."

karen f

Kate said...

I sure had fun changing my blog! :)
And I love the quote KF, I am going to put that one on my fridge!

Darla said...

Kate, I like the new look too. It looks really cool. Thanks for the list of quotes...I'll read it often.

Anonymous said...

I'm printing out those quotes, they are very neat - thanks for putting them on there.
Ditto on the new look comments too - love the pictures you picked to go with your quotes on the side!

Anonymous said...

I like the one about Theories by JW...when I was a young mom, I thought I was the teacher, but as my children get older,I find that I am the student because of how much they taught me, over the years....and stil are!Love, Gma Terry