Thursday, September 17, 2009

26/52

Forever In Blue Jeans


There is a pretty funny story behind this picture. I met my dearest and oldest friend (since we were seven years old) at the elementary school in town. She is the 3rd grade teacher this year. I even subbed for her once this year! She had an extra pregnancy test, and I asked if I could have one. She was setting up her classroom for the beginning of school, and it worked perfect to meet her there. The boys were with me, and were easily distracted by lots of 3rd grade toys and books. I ran to the elementary bathroom...the whole time laughing to myself that I was ACTUALLY taking a pregnancy test in the bathroom of the elementary school. :) Don't worry there was no one there except for a few janitors cleaning the floors for the beginning of school.
It was postitive! HOORAY. She took my picture when I returned to her classroom. And then we laughed, hugged and played with the boys and her newest baby girl Addilyn. She is only a couple of months old. I just think it is pretty amazing to think that Jen and I met in first grade, and now 20 years later we are sharing our years together when we are all grown up and dealing with "grown-up" things.


10 comments:

Darcie said...

OH MY GOODNESS...Congratulations! I want to give you a big ol' hug, but I guess this will have to do, ((((((((((((hugs))))))). LOVE the picture...what a great one to scrap! Once again...congrats Kate!!!

candy said...

great story~ you'll have to remember to put that in the baby book.
congrats again...we are so happy for you and your little family.

The J's said...

That's awesome!! How very exciting. What a FUN "Mom's in the picture" post!

Shasta said...

Wow! That is SO wonderful! Your friendship AND your pregnancy!! Big, huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A Lady Called Amy said...

HuRRaY!! :-D Congratulations!

Great story too. :-)

Heather S said...

WOW! Congrats! Look at that smile and glow on your face!!! :)

Reluctant Kerry said...

Contratulations Williams Family!

Carin said...

WOOOOOOWWWW~~ Waaaaa Hoooooo! Yiipppppeeeeeee

can you tell I'm excited for you!
Congratulations!!1

Wifey said...

HORAH!! WHOOPIE! YAHOO!! Way to go guys! :)

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking how I wish I could see a recent pic of you, and voila!!! There you are!! I LOVE this pic!!! Do you remember getting a little "over eager" with either Fischer or Hazen, and you did about 3 tests??? I remember being so amused at that...I love you so much, honey. Love always, MOM xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo