Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday afternoon...

Can you see the telephone poll in the background? The drifts on our county road are about half as tall as the telephone poll. It is crazy how much it has drifted.



The county guy in his payloader calling it a day!



This is the road leading to the heifers...
The county guy did not make it very far!


We were able to go to town! :) We went to stock up on groceries, buy some dog food, pick up the mail, buy some parts, and out to lunch. Chris even bought me a magazine with a bird on the cover so I would have something to read for the next few days. He said he thought it would remind me of spring. :) We have high wind warnings until 11PM tonight. On our way home we took some pictures of the drifts, and of the county guy running the payloader! Hope you enjoy, and hope you are all staying warm.

I was excited because I got a new pottery barn magazine!!! I know what I will doing tonight sitting next to the fire!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Kate!!!!! I'm SO excited that you got out of the house and made it to town!!! :) Really, I am! Who knew that would ever be such a wonderful thing, eh? :o)

Reluctant Kerry said...

Okay, I am soooo jealous of your lovely cabin and access to the mountains that I am about to render a very, very low blow . . .

ready? here it comes . . .

Last night Max and I left Matt at home and spent an hour or so browsing in POTTERY BARN and Pottery Barn Kids. The actual stores.

Take THAT!

Anonymous said...

I've been catching up with you folks....my old man winter has been dumping and blowing on you folks. I keep wanting to get over to see my Mom and she keeps telling me to stay put as they, too, have been having a "real" winter. How fun to have the little ones to keep you busy. I enjoyed a few days with T/S and now that I'm home I'm lonesome for them. Enjoy your new reading material....spring will be here before you know it!! Linda

grmasusie said...

The terrible thing about FINALLY getting out was Kate and Chris went out to eat and their waiter coughed all over them, sniffeled, etc...then they caught his cold!! they knew it had to be him because they hadn't been around any other people for weeks!