Thursday, April 22, 2010

50/52 Memories before and after baby Dusty...

Forever In Blue Jeans


This is the last picture I took with my boys before baby Dusty was born. If you look closely you will see a huge piece of GUM in Hazy J's mouth, and Fishy is making a funny face.
(he is a lot like his Dad!)



5:10AM on March 31, 2010 preparing to have my c-section...
My last tummy picture at 39 weeks and 1 day...




after baby was born
Baby and I did lots of sleeping after surgery...
Chris brought me strawberry slushies from sonic & it snowed 5 inches while we were in the hospital...
We stayed the night before at Aaron and Candy's house. After we dropped the boys off at G'pa and G'mas house after lunch, Chris took me to a "city" to do some shopping before my surgery.
I bought some t-shirts, comfy pants, a nice top for my motivation to lose my pregnancy weight, and McQueen undies & socks for the boys!
Then we met Aaron and Candy at Bernie's to have dinner. We then headed to Safeway to pick up some brownie mix and ice cream to bring to Aaron and Candy's house. We played BLURT, and ate brownies and ice cream.
I did not sleep most of the night before surgery because of nerves.
Then we were up and getting ready by 4AM to make it to prep for the surgery at 5AM.

And after all the late night bathroom runs, late night stumbles to find the tums, after all the discomfort of not being able to sleep or turn over or eat anything after 5PM because of indigestion...
after not being able to catch my 2 & 4 year old if they were being naughty
after worrying in the first 12 weeks if you were alright or if I would miscarry
after worrying in the next trimester if you would be okay & make it full term
after the late night rush to the hospital after our mtn lion scare
after the 4th time they had to poke me to put my IV in
we heard you cry for the first time, and it was all worth it
(I remember very clearly during surgery that the atmosphere of the room changed after baby started crying...it was as if the doctors & nurses just breathed a sigh of relief along with Chris and I)
It was even worth it afterwards when I felt RAW and sore and tired
It was all worth it because you were alive & healthy & hungry & perfect
and you proved once again that nothing in life that is worth it is easy!

I took this picture the other day while we were out helping Dad irrigate.
Starting to feel more like myself again...


11 comments:

gracia said...

love the black n white pics..

Heather S said...

it may not be easy, but it's most definately worth it isn't! the pic of you and baby Dusty resting in bed is SO precious!!

candy said...

awesome post! hugs!

Kat said...

Kate,

This is a beautiful post... I particularly like the shot of you and Dusty sleeping. So sweet.

Kat

Kat said...

Hey! It let me post my comment... I can hardly believe it. So cool... Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Love the last pic!

Please feel free to visit my Lavender Fields of Iris, thanks!

Jen said...

Kate, I LOVE all of these pictures!!!! I also think that the one of you & Dusty together is so precious!! I'm SO happy to see your usual self making it's appearance again (meaning that you're feeling UP to taking pictures and heading out on walks, etc.). I just found myself worrying a little bit as to how you were doing in those initial weeks home, so I'm happy to see you through your blog again. :) I can't wait to see you again! I was SHOCKED with a recent picture of Dusty (it was him and the boys laying on the floor) and how much he'd already changed! He's filling out quite nicely, isn't he!? :) Take care!

Alison said...

Nice to read about your memories and you will treasure them more as the years go by.

Carin said...

Oh those are such sweet and wonderful pictures. I really like the second to last picture. Oh they are all sweet!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post, Kate. You do such a good job of letting us keep up with your family. Linda

~KATE~ said...

(speechless because of the warmth given by your photos) ^^,