Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Week in the Life:Monday & Tuesday



irrigating with a 2 year old...





No he is not throwing a rock in the water (it is a cow pie!)
I guess they were helping our fields grow better by removing all of the dried up cow pies and throwing them in the ditch










a snack break of cinnamon rolls...




Wow I am still a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of energy and organization it takes to get a 4, 2 and 0 year old out of the door...
put your socks on...put your pants on...grab your mud boots...do I have the diaper bag...where is your other sock....stop fussing...where is the front pack for the baby...do I have the mail keys/cell phone/purse/bills and mail???
I have made lots of trips back and forth on my driveway because I forgot something! HA
I guess the more I practice the better I will be at it!







2 pairs of pants down in one morning...and 3 more to go for Mr Hazy J! He takes the cake for creating the most laundry in one day for mom!








Loaded up and ready to go to town...
I then had to turn around 2 on the dirt road...I forgot the mail key and my cell phone!
But at least they are buckled in and they had both gone potty
































Dad made out like a bandit the other day on the mtn horn hunting.












I am trying to follow along with Ali Edward's for a Week in the Life. I am taking a no stress approach to my documenting...

I am just doing bulleted lists to remember certain things about our day, and I take my camera with me as much as possible.
A few things I want to remember about Monday and Tuesday:

Monday:

Dad, baby and I were up before the boys
I made dunkin donuts coffee
Dad ate cereal/I ate a yogurt cup & banana
Dad left to go and feed cows/fence
read from Ecclesiastes
Boys woke up/told them to head to the potty
lately been telling Hazy to show Dusty how to go potty, seems to help him want to go
Boys ate leftover breakfast casserole/strawberry yogurt
We headed to town to pick up aunt em and went to the grocery store
dressed the boys and had them go play outside for a bit
(loading 3 kids up/making sure they are dressed and had gone potty took quite a bit of effort)
I had to turn around 2 times get my cell phone and the mail keys!
it was great to have em's help at the store, she took the boys in one cart and I had baby in another
she ended up heading down the snack aisle with the boys and came out with 2 mini cans of pringles and a pack of cookies...
I let Robyn (the pharmacy lady) hold Dusty and we chatted a bit
as we were checking out the boys decided to start fighting so it was a hurried rush to the door after I paid for our groceries
the boys wanted to go to the park, but since they were naughty in the store I did not let them go
We had to head home to fix lunch for dad
Em and I hauled the boys slide outside for them to play on as I was fixing lunch
made turkey sandwiches, aunt Em came with us home
lots of crying because I would not let them go to the park!
after lunch Dad helped put the boys upstairs for nap time...but Fish took longer then usual to fall asleep
kept bouncing back and forth between the upstairs and our room with the baby and Fish
we all laid down for a nap, but it was soon cut short because Fish woke up earlier then normal too
decided to take a walk, had to haul the stroller upstairs from the downstairs closet
Fish kept stopping in the middle of the road and throwing dirt in the air
He was a dirty mess
after out walk we all loaded up in the car again to take Em home
we decided to stay at her house for a minute, she made us homemade popcorn
then the boys and I loaded up and headed home
pretty worn out by this time of day...still trying to recover from my c-section
dad took the boys with him irrigating, went to lay down and take a shower
Tuesday:

everyone up together to eat breakfast/Life cereal for breakfast/dunkin donuts coffee
Dad left to feed cows and fence
beautiful day, boys played make believe for awhile
I decided to try to cut their hair, I made it through Hazen's haircut before my hair trimmers died I have to buy a new set at Wal-Mart when we head to town again
then I showered the boys and then ran a bath so baby could join them
bathed all 3 boys, and then after Fish's bath I just used scissors to trim his hair a little since I couldn't cut it
dressed the boys to head outside
Hazen came in 2x from playing outside with pee pee pants/usually just left his pants and underwear outside and then came in asking for another pair
after the boys played awhile they stopped by for a Popsicle on the deck (has become a new favorite treat lately) had to have MATCHING green Popsicles
Fish wanted a snack but I did not want him to eat to much because it would spoil his lunch
gave him a string cheese
as I was making lunch the boys decided to play right at my feet they like the warm spots on our tile but it made for some interesting cooking
put baby in the baby bjorn because he seemed to want mom while I was cooking
I made enchiladas for lunch/put some cin rolls out to rise
fed the boys a little early because they were starving
Dad came in for lunch, and helped put the boys to bed for nap
I laid down with baby in our bed downstairs and took my computer to work with a few pictures before we ended up falling asleep too
we all woke up at 3PM
sent the boys to the potty while I checked on the cin rolls and started the oven
dressed the boys while the rolls cooked for 15 min
grabbed my diaper bag, baby bjorn, baby in carseat, paper towels and coats for the boys to head down and bring dad a snack
loaded the boys up in the car along with all of the stuff
lots of water everywhere when we headed up to the Lake field where dad is fencing we had to cross lots of water in the car
slightly nervous I wouldn't make it though some of the water
we made it and found g'pa and jazz
jazz ended up stealing some of the cin rolls! but we caught her before she ate them all
G'pa called dad to join us, we all had a snack of cin rolls and water
then we loaded up in the ranger to go irrigating with dad
(kind of a big deal because the boys wanted to ride on the 4 wheeler instead of the ranger but then baby and I could not go)
I drove the ranger with baby as the boys followed dad irrigating
they were completely soaked by the time we went to the car/had to take their pants off and socks and stick them in the very back of the car
that was the 3rd pair of pants for Hazen
headed home with all of the boys to heat up leftover enchiladas
unloaded all of the boys and wet clothes and snacks
let the boys play for awhile
Dad came home about 6 PM, ate cin rolls for dessert
boys headed outside with dad to play Haz ended up peeing his pants again 4 pairs of pants in one day!
the boys are downstairs right now listening to Frances and Taily-po on the tape player (library books we have to take back on Thursday)
I have baby in my lap as I am typing this on the computer
baby had to to fed, changed and put lots of dessitin on him, he peed on me again today
I finally got a pee pee tee pee but sometimes I in a rush and forget to use it
8PM and I am ready for bed! I plan to brush teeth soon and do just that soon
Haz just peed his pants again 5 pairs of pants down! :)
I don't think I am going to put another pair on him today
brushed the boys teeth with watermelon toothpaste, backs and fronts have to tel them to hold still
Wednesday:
Hazy woke up in the middle of the night and his diaper had come off
he ended up sleeping with mom the rest of the night (talk about having bed bugs!) only a really snuggly cute bed bug...
Found out this morning that I won Alison's contest
Made dunkin donuts coffee
we all ate and sang together this morning/cereal
boys headed to see g'ma, I worked on my blog and pictures
headed to town to pick up the mail and send a contract for Chris
baby is sleeping and wearing a little cute lion outfit from Aunt Renee
I love how he looks with stripes and orange, he seems to be getting chubbier by the minute
Dad even said this morning that he must have gotten chubbier over night last night!
Dusty makes lots of squeaks and grunts, loves to eat and be held

1 comment:

Heather S said...

all in a days work of a mom to 3 boys (and wife). life is busy and full.. but enjoy every moment, these days will be gone in the blink of an eye. (you already know this) :)